Sunday, September 7, 2014

Existential meeting in New York



While scouting new locations for my movie in Manhattan, during a warm urban afternoon, Willem Dafoe crossed my path and he seemed quite enthusiastic to discover that I was an Italian artist from the same region of her wife. "Sono Italiano anch'io" - I'm Italian too!" he proudly declared in a perfect Italian accent with a large, generous smile. During that "existential meeting", having studied Pasolini's opus and life for many years, I realized he was the perfect choice, physical wise and spiritual wise, for playing the Casarsa poet in the new Abel Ferrara's movie that has been screened at Venice Film festival. Many wishes Willem, and thanks again for your large-hearted words. It has been like meeting Pier Paolo himself in a twilight zone between New York and Rome.

No comments: